Wednesday 30 September 2015

Down WIth You, Chemo Two!

Accompanied by my sweet mother, I made my way to Chemo Two.  My sweet mother-in-law was babysitting.  I pretended not to hear Donovan striking up a rhythm on the downstairs drum kit or Gwen and Lochlan cranking up the tunes on the CD player, or Liam cracking baseballs over the neighbour's fence......
"Good luck and have fun!" I called over my shoulder, shuddering briefly at the mess of half folded newspapers, library books, colouring pages and various other childhood-must-haves scattered across any horizontal surface of my home.  My mother-in-law lifted a hand limply in a gesture of farewell; but I saw that she was armed with coffee and would be just fine!

Chemo Two was quick and went well.  When I was all jittery and bouncing around before the iv was put in, a little older woman who brought to mind the little older woman from "The War Room" glanced up from the Bible she was pouring over and smiled at me.  "Just said a prayer for you, hon!"  she stated, "You'll be alright."

And it was alright.  My mom reassured me and held me hand when it needing holding....the nurses distracted me with jokes and stories.  Soon it was over and I was home.

Now, I sit, vaguely uneasy of belly and wait and pray that this time, vomit stays put.

Have a great night!  Lots of love
Brigette

10 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your day went well and I love hearing about encouragement from a stranger. Amazing how God places people where they need to be at certain moments.
    I hope you fare better this round. I will be praying for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your day went well and I love hearing about encouragement from a stranger. Amazing how God places people where they need to be at certain moments.
    I hope you fare better this round. I will be praying for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying with you for the same, Brig! Right now. :) Glad it went (relatively) well today... was thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you often! May Gods love and comfort be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for a quiet night and lots of rest for you. I love how God knows our needs and provides "strangers" (aka fellow believers) to meet those needs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Continuing to pray for you, Bridgette.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone has a teacher that they will always remember. A teacher that made learning fun and helped them with all their school drama... that teacher was definitely you. As I read through your blogs it reminds me of your teacher with all your jokes and wordiness.... "any comments, questions, concerns or queries??" It hurts my heart to see you and your family go through this. I pray that the Lord gives you and your family all the strength you need during this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops... it's Tracey Schoon (Boeringa). I didn't realize I left it anonymous

      Delete
  8. Brigette,
    Praying for you!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete