Friday 28 August 2015

More Tests but No Party

Today was my son, Donovan's 8th birthday party but I was called in for more tests.  Here comes the beginning of the stinkiness of cancer, I thought.  Missing out on wonderful parts of my kids' lives... But Paul was quick to offer to take over as party supervisor and off I went.  Thanks to all the lovely friends who picked up, took care of kids, drove me and gave me so many hugs.  We feel so loved!

I had a bone scan done and abdominal ultrasound today to make sure the cancer is contained.  Praying it is and that breast cancer alone is our new normal!

Rose took a picture of me before the bone scan.  I look oddly cheerful and should have struck a more sombre pose.....God has blessed me with an odd sense of humor.....


Thanks for your prayers.  Please continue to remember Paul and my kids in all this!!!

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future..."  Jeremiah 29: 11

6 comments:

  1. Oh Brigette, I just found out about this, but what a difficult path you and your family have been called to walk on. So sorry to hear it. I'd love to give you a hug right now, but an electronic one will have to do. I will pray that you may continue to feel the Lord carrying you through this all. Thanks for setting up the blog. I shall continue to check in so I know how to pray. Debbie Johnson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feeling the electric hug! thanks, Debbie and great to hear from you! Your prayers are so appreciated. Thanks. Hope you and your lovely family are well too!

      Delete
  2. Hi Brig and Paul,
    Dave came home with the news last night and wow, wow, wow... so hard. We'll be constant in prayer for you guys! May you feel God's nearness and comfort as you walk this unwanted journey. Big hugs. -- Marlaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear this difficult news - we will pray for you and your family. May God bless you with comfort and strength.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Brigette,
    I just heard this difficult news. Wanted you, Paul and your kids to know you will all be in our prayers. May our gracious God provide each of you with much strength as you journey through this new trial. Hugs to you!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete