Friday 28 August 2015

Prelude

I had found a lump and with the lump a suspicion.   But only that; a lump and a suspicion strong enough to urge me to get it checked out.  This has already occurred once back in January of this year but all results came back with nothing to worry about.  So I wasn't too worried after I had an ultrasound done to my breast.
I had gone to bed (late like usual) and the house was asleep.  I curled up next to my husband and began to pray.  'Right here, right now,' I remember thinking, ' my life is perfect.  Loving husband who I love so much, four wonderful amazing and healthy children, healthy parents and mother-in-law, lots of awesome family members and friends, a home....  life is perfect.'

The next day, the Juravinski Centre called me and I immediately thought of my prayers.  But yet, life still feels perfect.  Not because cancer is something I want (not even close!) but because we are still surrounded by so many loving and amazing people and because God is still here.  He is my guide and I feel Him carrying me through this.

This blog is dedicated to all those who have been contacting our family.  I cannot keep up with the phone calls, emails and texts...so you can find updates here.

Paul and I and our children thank God for you all.  Your prayers are keeping us buoyed on those days when we feel like we are sinking in despair.

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble.  Therefore, we will not fear, though the earth give way....."  Psalm 46:1,2a


24 comments:

  1. Brigette, I saw Paul's post this morning, followed by Bill's, and I went hurrying to the throne room for you. Courage to you, dear lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jamie. This world certainly keeps us running to God for courage and help, doesn't it? Thanks for your prayers!

      Delete
  2. Hi Brigette. You do not know me. I went to high school with Paul. I saw his post this morning and wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and your family. Sending hugs love, positive vibes your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remembering and praying for you as well. In good times and bad, God is always near with his help and strength and you are proof of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bringing you and your family to the throne of the great physician! May you find peace in your hard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending many prayers your way! May God be with you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I shall pray for you Brigette.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation." Ex 15:2a. May you be carried on the prayers of many, to receive courage, strength, peace, healing, love, from God above and the communion of saints

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our prayers continue.
    xox
    Rich and Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our prayers continue.
    xox
    Rich and Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying for you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praying for you and all those you hold close. Praying for wisdom for the docs and healing. Praying that those close to you also find strength in the Lord in this storm. Praying for answered prayers and strength to go forward knowing the Lord knows every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brigitte, our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your dear family!!! May our gracious God surround you with His loving arms as He carries you through this time of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Praying for you, Paul and family... Courage, hope and God's unfailing nearness..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Brigette :) Will be praying for you. Praying God's wisdom & healing to be yours in this season of life. God is with you & I believe He will guide you & your family every single step of this adventure!!

    PS are you able to add follow buttons on the blog? (side bar, layout on google, show google plus follower). Then we can click on & automatically we can get all of your precious updates without bugging you too much! Or email follows can work too. Not to add extra work right now, but so others can easily access your updates. If any questions PM me. I use blogger too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachael....I am very untechnical (I'm sure you can remember assisting me on other technical occasions....I will PM you to ask for help! THanks)

      Delete
  17. We are praying for you and your family. May you feel the closeness of our Heavenly Father as He leads you through this trial.

    ReplyDelete