Tuesday 17 April 2018

Delight and Truth

It was early this morning when I made a great discovery.
Everyone else was sound asleep and there was a shushed stillness to the air.
The weak winter light was curiously peeking through the curtains and I snuggled deep into my fuzzy blanket, Bible cradled in my lap.
During my morning devotions, I made a great discovery.
It was in the final chapter of Ecclesiastes verse 10.  Check it out:

"The Preacher sought to find words of delight, and uprightly he wrote words of truth."    (ESV)

Let me tell ya, this verse stopped me mid-yawn and mid-eye rub.  I felt a shiver run down my spine and whispered into the stillness of the morning, "Whoa..!"  Then I underlined and highlighted that verse so that it now practically YELLS at me ever time my Bible falls open to this passage.  Also, I wrote it down in my notebook because notebooks are the best and they help me collect my favourite thing which is WORDS.

Wonderful, lovely, winsome words.

And it sounds like the writer of Ecclesiastes - King Solomon - was feeling the same way.  He, too, had a thing for words.  He sought "words of delight" and wrote "words of truth". 
 
Isn't it great to meet people who're passionate about the same things that you are?
"Yes"....said every music-lover, art-lover, word-lover, hockey-lover in the world!

So, that was my great discovery this morning.
Finding someone who loved words and wrote words within God's Word.

I think I will join Solomon in his wise and wonderful quest:  to seek words of delight.....and write words of truth.


#wordsofdelightandtruth




No comments:

Post a Comment